Sunday, November 1, 2009

A blog a day for November

I'm going to attempt to blog every day this month along with others in NaBloPoMo

I will probably only make it until the middle of this week. :P

DH is still laid off. We're both still going to school full time. The kids are doing great. Nora was Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween and Josh was a Browns fan. I made Nora's red cape a while back - it's very effective as a car seat cape, as it does not interfere with the straps of the car seat. I made her an apron the other night to go with her get up. She had a party at preschool on Friday and then went Trick Or Treating at Grandma and Grandpa's on Saturday - we didn't venture further than that, it was enough excitement for both kids.

And now it's November. We're hosting Thanksgiving as the self professed "old fogey's" decided that they are done hosting (never mind that we've been through this twice before, only to have them change their minds and get all huffy when you claim a holiday, but whatever) and that they were going out to eat (mind you, we weren't invited). We already have a turkey in the freezer, so it won't cost us too much. Not sure how many people are coming but hopefully, we'll have a nice turnout. Asked the ILs if they were still going out to eat or if they were coming here and they said they were still going out. I'll be ticked if I find out that they're going with evil sil and bil. Pissed. I already know that we'll be alone on Christmas Eve and told the ILs that we weren't attending Christmas Eve at their house this year b/c evil sil will be there. They didn't like that much, but whatever. I knew that they wouldn't not invite them, so I wanted them to know that if they were coming, we weren't. Period. Ah, holidays. Aren't they lovely? :) Seriously though, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I was very disappointed that the older generation was just going out to eat without inviting any of us. That's just sucky. Or maybe we just weren't going to be invited.

1 comment:

casacaudill said...

Yay, a new post!

Thank goodness we got to have Fauxgiving last Saturday.