Saturday, August 9, 2008

mmmmm, cake

Nora's bday is tomorrow and we are having ice cream and cake later today. I meant to make the cake last night but ended up too tired and went to bed....so I'm making it today. Hopefully, it'll chill quick.

In the meantime, my house smells of wonderful cake. Yummy.

And, in case you're wondering, I ended up deciding to do a Sesame Street cake. I bought figurines for the top....so, I totally cheated. I thought about buying an Elmo or Dora cake pan (favorites of Nora), but I could not imagine making that many darn stars while standing and being 35 weeks pregnant. So, I took the lazy way out and will instead just have to frost the two layers of cake, do a border and throw those figurines on top.

I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.

I should also have pictures of our Florida room. The room is so awkward, it always ends up being a catch all room. We've spent the last few days reorganizing back there and it's taking shape. We've put up some more shelves that will at least keep the catch all stuff off of the floor. Plus, one shelf, just for kitchen items. When you have a tiny kitchen and no pantry, it's hard to figure out what to do with all the big appliances - the kitchen aid mixer, the crock pot, the ice cream maker, the blenders (yes, I have two - one that is only for salsa, thank you very much), the coffee pot, etc. I'm really pleased with how it's looking so far.

We are going to paint it, as right now it's just white, we've never painted the room before and we've lived here seven years now, lol. So, we have two gallons of some green paint and I think it's going to be that color (they were on clearance for $3 a gallon). That will come later though - for now, I'll just post the organized room. :)

No comments: