Saturday, June 16, 2007

House stuff

My daughter is being baptized next Sunday, so I've had to put all my sewing stuff away. I hate that. Eventually, once the playroom is built in the basement (just one wall needed to block off the furnace, hot water heater, washer, dryer and sump pump) with a door to access those things, I will move into the room next to where the playroom will be. I'd put them in reverse order, but this way the playroom will be directly when you walk down the stairs. Otherwise, we'd have to walk through my sewing room. The whole point of a room is so that I don't have to clean up when I'm done.

Anyways, I finally talked my husband into swapping the living room and dining rooms. The way the current dining room is set up is awkward. Two folding doors into the Florida room line one wall. A door from the kitchen breaks up another wall. The third wall has a fireplace on it. And there isn't a forth wall, as it sort of L's into the living room (though, it's not a true L as the wall actually curves). So, it will be challenging to fit the furniture, but frankly, I think it will work better as a living room than as a dining room. Best of all, the dining room table won't be a catch all location!

So, that's what I'm working on right now. I hope to get back to sewing next week sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, interesting!

and you got the new dining room furniture, too?

can't wait to see pics of the change. is it going to happen before the baptism?

Jennylou's Projects said...

Yeah, it'll all happen before the baptism. :)

Though, the old dining room (now the LR) needs to be painted (well, finished).

We pick up the new to us furniture tomorrow! :)