Saturday, April 24, 2010

What to do, what to do...

It's a rainy Saturday here. We need a good nap time today for the kids, for good study time for mom and dad. But, what to do on a chilly, rainy spring morning? There's the Green Fest in North Ridgeville, but that promises to be a soggy mess. There's the library, but that probably wont' get enough energy out of the kids. And energy do the kids need to spend! This morning, Nora, supposedly going to the bathroom ruined my phone. Now, you might be thinking, what was your phone in the bathroom for, and well, let's just say that I forgot it last night when I was taking it out of my pants. So, yeah, partially my fault I suppose. I found it a soggy mess. To be fair, the phone is about six years old. My phone, that was decent, but not fancy, broke last fall. The phone quit picking up my voice. For a few days, Sean and I would have conversations that lasted like this.

Sean: "okay, I need to ask you a question, press one button for yes, and two buttons for no" Got it.
Me: press one random button.

Then my husband would ask me a question and I would respond, with one button or two. Around that time, my ILs purchased new phones for themselves and gave me FILs old phone. So, this has been the very crappy phone I've been using for the last six months or so. Now, to be fair, I'm very thankful for it, because we had no extra funds to purchase a new phone and we weren't eligible for an upgrade.

But, I am eligible for an upgrade now. Blackberries are buy one for $29.99 get one free right now, but unfortunately, I can't afford the $50 per month it would cost in additional data charges that it would cost us. On the other hand, I really don't want to have the basic, basic, basic phone because, well, they're ugly. But the phones in between the blackberry and the basic phone have additional charges on them as well. I guess I'll have to go into Verizon today and find out exactly what my options are.

Although I would, love, love, love a blackberry, I think perhaps, an itouch would meet my need of wanting internet access on a little gadget. And, the itouch would also allow me to put educational type applications on it - things that will help me in nursing school (you know, when I finally make it off the wait list, er applicant pool list).

2 comments:

casacaudill said...

I was cracking up when I called earlier today and my mic on my computer hadn't launched yet and Nora was telling you that she didn't break it (your phone) again.

chiara said...

Verizon is expensive, huh? $50 extra for data plan is kinda nuts. Best coverage though - I've had every carrier (sprint, verizon, at&t, t-mobile) and they were the best. I have t-mobile now - not great service - but very cheap. We have 2 phones @ 700 minutes for like $75. The data plan is an extra $30 - I've been thinking about upgrading for the last 6 months to a "cool" phone, but the whole husband-without-a-job is the reason I'm still sporting the little, crappy, free, 2+ year old phone.